Hello

Breffni

Hello

I'm Breffni, my husband and I are expecting boy/girl twins in February 😊 affectionately named Batman and Robin for now 🤣

I'm looking forward to the babies coming, but despite working in a creche for years, I'm still a bit daunted by the whole thing. 🙈

Hi @Breffni and welcome to Twin Club!

Congratulations on your imminent arrivals - how exciting!

Will the twins be your first children? It can definitely be daunting, I know we definitely felt quite daunted by the whole situation, despite having another child first.

Being honest it will hard at least to start with, but it does get better I promise! 

Do you have much in the way of family around to help out?

Dad to three girls - aged 6 going on 16, and identical twins aged 2 😊

1 hour ago, Breffni said:

Hello

I'm Breffni, my husband and I are expecting boy/girl twins in February 😊 affectionately named Batman and Robin for now 🤣

I'm looking forward to the babies coming, but despite working in a creche for years, I'm still a bit daunted by the whole thing. 🙈

Welcome to Twinclub!! How exciting for you what a wonderful time ❤️ not long untill you have your beautiful children in your arms ❤️

I totally feel what you are saying about it all being daunting and I felt the same , you are not alone in that feeling ! 

Is there any particular part that is making you feel the most anxious? 

Xx

All being well these will be our first, we've had quite a few years of fertility challenges and 4 little angels looking over us.

We are lucky to have family around us, so we'll have lots of support. I think I'm going to be anxious until they are here safe and well, and then the adjustment of having 2 tiny babies to be responsible for 

Xx

4 minutes ago, Breffni said:

All being well these will be our first, we've had quite a few years of fertility challenges and 4 little angels looking over us.

We are lucky to have family around us, so we'll have lots of support. I think I'm going to be anxious until they are here safe and well, and then the adjustment of having 2 tiny babies to be responsible for 

Xx

Bless you darling ❤️ it is a big adjustment but so so worth it ! Sounds like you are doing really well ❤️

We have a post on homestart - might be worth you taking a look at that too - very very helpful! 

And don't be afraid to ask your family for help if you need it don't suffer in silence ❤️❤️ and of course we are all here to talk ❤️❤️

Xx

5 hours ago, Breffni said:

Xx

Congratulations to you both @Breffni and welcome to the site ❤️

It's so lovely to meet other twin parents, as honestly, I don't think you ever understand how we are all feeling until you have twins but I honestly wouldn't change it for the world  🥰 

xx

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Breffni said:

Xx

Great to hear you have family around to support you and as @Issy says don't be afraid to ask for help. We made that mistake to start with and learnt our lesson!

I hope all goes well for you all, and please lean on us for support with any questions you have - between all our members we have so much twin experience and we are glad to help each other when we can! ☺️

• Like 1

Dad to three girls - aged 6 going on 16, and identical twins aged 2 😊

On 11/23/2019 at 10:47 AM, Breffni said:

Hello

hi breffni, congratulations! Batman and Robin , these are amazing names, why did you pick them? do you have names picked out for when they arrive? 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:46 PM, Lulu82 said:

hi breffni, congratulations! Batman and Robin , these are amazing names, why did you pick them? do you have names picked out for when they arrive? 

Thanks 😊

It was a friend that first referred to them as being in the batcave, so batman and Robin just stuck. 

We think we have baby girls name sorted, but keep changing our mind for baby boy...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Breffni said:

Thanks 😊

It was a friend that first referred to them as being in the batcave, so batman and Robin just stuck. 

We think we have baby girls name sorted, but keep changing our mind for baby boy...

Aw that's lovely ! I already found boys names more difficult! 

Will you have middles names ? xx

😂😂 haven't even thought of middle names properly yet, but they will definitely have them. Have to get the first names sorted first.

Originally I have always said we would name our girl Elizabeth after my granny that I was very close to, so I think that will be baby girls middle name, only because hubby doesn't like it as a first name.

2 minutes ago, Breffni said:

😂😂 haven't even thought of middle names properly yet, but they will definitely have them. Have to get the first names sorted first.

Originally I have always said we would name our girl Elizabeth after my granny that I was very close to, so I think that will be baby girls middle name, only because hubby doesn't like it as a first name.

That's a beautiful name ! I think using a family name is amazing ❤️❤️ xx

On 11/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, Breffni said:

Thanks 😊

That's so cute! I think that's the best twin names ever 😂🙌🙌🙌

• Like 1