Butlins

Clairey V

1 minute ago, CityMum said:

no i havent been there , looks sooo fun though for the kids. i think they do like a toddler week or something like that but i dont know much about it!!!! id be interested to know though for myself actually !!!!

They look really good, I used to go for weekends when I was younger with a dance troup I was a member of, we didn’t explore the resort much as we were there doing competitions, I’m sure it had changed massively tho since I was younger lol xx 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Clairey V said:

Just wondering if anyone had been to a butlins resort, we are thinking of booking to go next year with the girls, they will be 2 in June, just wanting to know if there is plenty for them at that age to do there. 

I haven't been before but did look into it a littler bit. We've been to Center Parcs a few times (though only with out eldest and not with the twins yet) and enjoy that. I priced up Butlins thinking it would be a cheaper option but actually once I'd added in a few extras, meal plan etc. it wasn't all that different to Center Parcs.

We've had friends that have been though and I'm led to believe that there is plenty for kids to do there. I think the one in Bognor Regis has just had the pool refurbished too and looks quite nice. Which one are you thinking of going to?

Dad to three girls - aged 6 going on 16, and identical twins aged 2 😊

14 hours ago, Clairey V said:

They look really good, I used to go for weekends when I was younger with a dance troup I was a member of, we didn’t explore the resort much as we were there doing competitions, I’m sure it had changed massively tho since I was younger lol xx 

I have a few friends that have been this year and they both loved it! I think they said a meal plan was convenient and worked out overall cheaper than pay as you go! 

Xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clairey V said:

We were thinking of minehead, my husband would love to go abroad as we haven’t been abroad for 3 years but I don’t I’m ready to take the girls on a plane yet. 

Ooh yes, I under what you mean about going on a plane with the twins.. I kind of dread this too !! Xx

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clairey V said:

We were thinking of minehead, my husband would love to go abroad as we haven’t been abroad for 3 years but I don’t I’m ready to take the girls on a plane yet. 

Sounds good! Re. travelling on a plane we took our eldest on plane last year for the first time - only a short hop over to Germany for a wedding. She had just turned 5 - they let her sit in the cockpit which she loved (and I didn't think you were allowed to these days) but after the initial excitement she didn't seem that bothered and was just happy to sit there and play on her tablet! 😂

I feel like with the twins we'll definitely want to wait a while before venturing on a plane though! The idea of doing so at their current age and having them sat on our laps the whole time honestly fills me with dread. I think the only way we'd do it right now is if we took grandparents with us for support or something!

Dad to three girls - aged 6 going on 16, and identical twins aged 2 😊