What are you proud of today?

My wife is out tonight and one my twins woke up about 45 mins ago with a dirty nappy - she has a sore bum (I think it's teeth) and was very upset. I managed to get her up, change her nappy, calm her down and get her back to sleep. After all that my 5 year old woke up crying as she's feeling poorly at the moment and has been off school today (bit of a temperature) and I managed to calm her down and get her back to sleep too (after a dose of my trusty Calpol)... phew! ☺️

• Thanks 1

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay so I'll start.. I am proud of myself today because I bought some lindor chocolates yesterday to keep in stock for Christmas.. I so badly wanted to eat them.. and I didn't.. I resisted ! It w

I took the twins to baby sensory class all on my own and survived!

I did a batch cooking session for the freezer for the twins 

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, James said:

My wife is out tonight and one my twins woke up about 45 mins ago with a dirty nappy - she has a sore bum (I think it's teeth) and was very upset. I managed to get her up, change her nappy, calm her down and get her back to sleep. After all that my 5 year old woke up crying as she's feeling poorly at the moment and has been off school today (bit of a temperature) and I managed to calm her down and get her back to sleep too (after a dose of my trusty Calpol)... phew! ☺️

Well done you 🙌🙌❤️

10 minutes ago, Issy said:

@Jo Gibbs that's really good! You should be really proud ❤️❤️ did they enjoy it ? And did you enjoy it ? Xxx

They love it! This weeks theme was movember 😂 The group leader is amazing it’s Bloom Baby Class and she helps with one of the twins if I need it. It’s making me want to do other baby groups. I’ve even started talking to other mums in real life which I have always been so nervous to do.

9FA3FA0F-6E38-4EE3-AE8E-CAEE6ADA9FCE.jpeg

6FD546BF-6188-4559-A928-E933CDC69F1C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jo Gibbs said:

They love it! This weeks theme was movember 😂 The group leader is amazing it’s Bloom Baby Class and she helps with one of the twins if I need it. It’s making me want to do other baby groups. I’ve even started talking to other mums in real life which I have always been so nervous to do.

9FA3FA0F-6E38-4EE3-AE8E-CAEE6ADA9FCE.jpeg

6FD546BF-6188-4559-A928-E933CDC69F1C.jpeg

Hahaha!! Look at them 😂🙌 that is brilliant!! 

That's fantastic that you are feeling more confident..maybe some of the mums you are taking to can recommend other groups that they go to so you know someone already! 

Xxx

• Haha 1
On 11/19/2019 at 10:49 PM, Jo Gibbs said:

I took the twins to baby sensory class all on my own and survived!

i really need to get the confidence to get out to a group, i really struggle with it 😕 so i think you are amazing

21 hours ago, Lulu82 said:

oh i love this... i will probably be stalking on here!

well i guess i am proud of myself today for no having a breakdown over the fact my oven stopped working... mid cooking dinner! 🙈

That's not great Is it ! Well done though I would have really panicked! 

On 11/16/2019 at 10:57 PM, CityMum said:

I'm proud of myself today i looked after another twin mums babies all by myself (with my two also in tow) for a few hours while she had a sleep ,she's not been well so I offered to have the babies for a while. I had a little panic before I went to hers thinking how and why did I offer to do this I won't be able to cope!!!!! But I thought about how much this will help her and I sucked it up because shes such a good friend to me. And I did it!!!! And it was okay, and I felt so good after (tired!) But good !!!! 

What a lovely thing to do for someone, you are clearly a very good friend. x

• Like 1

I lit and kept the fire going! First time I’ve ever done it, my husband usually does it but we’ve got no heating and he was out. 

my other thing was I finished crocheting a hat. Always feels good when I start and finish something in the same week

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Evetwins said:

I lit and kept the fire going! First time I’ve ever done it, my husband usually does it but we’ve got no heating and he was out. 

my other thing was I finished crocheting a hat. Always feels good when I start and finish something in the same week

That's amazing!! I wouldn't know where to start with lighting a fire 🙈 xx

22 hours ago, Evetwins said:

Oh wow go you!!! That's actually so good well done!!! I wish I had time to do something!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old topic but I'm in a sharing mood. It's not actually twin related either but I thought you lovely lot would appreciate it. The thing I'm proud of today is that I am now 33+1 weeks pregnant with a singleton. I have been so paranoid that pretzel will come early because the twins did. She is cooking nicely and growing perfectly. x

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Esther said:

I know this is an old topic but I'm in a sharing mood. It's not actually twin related either but I thought you lovely lot would appreciate it. The thing I'm proud of today is that I am now 33+1 weeks pregnant with a singleton. I have been so paranoid that pretzel will come early because the twins did. She is cooking nicely and growing perfectly. x

Esther that's amazing , you're going so well!! You should be proud of that ! :)) Xx

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Esther said:

Yay! Fantastic 🥳🥳 x

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Esther said:

@Esther I love your nickname for your baby!! How did you come up with that?

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

8 hours ago, James said:

@Esther I love your nickname for your baby!! How did you come up with that?

Faith and Hope are peanut and Pringle so pretzel just continues the theme. What can I say, we like food 🤣. x

• Haha 1