Speech Delay in 22 month old!

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had experience with one of their twins having a speech delay..  

My daughter (twin 2) is 22 months and is being her sister with her speech! The health v has referred for a hearing test to rule out any hearing issues. That is next month.

She makes alot of different noises and sounds, but she also kind of "talks" Internally. That's the only way I can describe it. It's odd. 

She has been a little more vocal the last week or two but some words she has said she now doesn't say any more. She has always been the "smaller" twin and I just wonder if it's just .. she's a bit slower because of this ? 

Any advise welcome ! Thanks 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Issy said:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had experience with one of their twins having a speech delay..  

My daughter (twin 2) is 22 months and is being her sister with her speech! The health v has referred for a hearing test to rule out any hearing issues. That is next month.

She makes alot of different noises and sounds, but she also kind of "talks" Internally. That's the only way I can describe it. It's odd. 

She has been a little more vocal the last week or two but some words she has said she now doesn't say any more. She has always been the "smaller" twin and I just wonder if it's just .. she's a bit slower because of this ? 

Any advise welcome ! Thanks 👍

Hey Issy!!

One of my two was quite slow to talk and a lot slower than the my other twin - nothing until just after turning 2!!

I was a bit worried but thankfully turned out to be OK in the end and now a proper chatterbox!!

Have you had the hearing test yet??