My daughter hates sleep. I love sleep. How do I fix this??? πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

She only naps while feeding, and as I'm breastfeeding, she's on me all day long! She also refuses to be put down for longer than a minute without screaming. Her brother will happily sit in his bouncer, or lie in the cot...he even puts himself to sleep with no crying. Is it because he's bottle fed and she's not? Or is it just their different personalities?Β 

I'm really starting to struggle...and we haven't even got any sleep regressions yet. She was such an angel for the first few weeks while we were sorting Daniel's reflux.

Twins are almost 12 weeks....I thought this was supposed to be when they sleep best 😫

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Breffni said:

She only naps while feeding, and as I'm breastfeeding, she's on me all day long! She also refuses to be put down for longer than a minute without screaming. Her brother will happily sit in his bouncer, or lie in the cot...he even puts himself to sleep with no crying. Is it because he's bottle fed and she's not? Or is it just their different personalities?Β 

I'm really starting to struggle...and we haven't even got any sleep regressions yet. She was such an angel for the first few weeks while we were sorting Daniel's reflux.

Twins are almost 12 weeks....I thought this was supposed to be when they sleep best 😫

Oooh no πŸ˜– that's a tricky one!Β 

Maybe it's more of a comfort thing that shes feeling more secure being on you and the fact your feeding her is a double win in a babies head 🀣 I can't remember when but mine deffinately got way more clingy at around that age and so I can sympathise with the whole frustration of her screaming when she's put down!

Β 

Does she ever fall asleep in your partner's arms (not feeding obviously haha) or is it always on you ? xx

16 hours ago, Breffni said:

Awww mine are not much older than yours and it is so hard especially at the moment without much in the way of help!Β πŸ˜₯

How long have you tried letting her scream for when you put her down?

On 5/11/2020 at 10:24 PM, Issy said:

Oooh no πŸ˜– that's a tricky one!Β 

Maybe it's more of a comfort thing that shes feeling more secure being on you and the fact your feeding her is a double win in a babies head 🀣 I can't remember when but mine deffinately got way more clingy at around that age and so I can sympathise with the whole frustration of her screaming when she's put down!

Β 

Does she ever fall asleep in your partner's arms (not feeding obviously haha) or is it always on you ? xx

She actually falls asleep better (quicker) on him, but same problem that she can't be put down...and he still has work to do at times and has also decided to start decorating too πŸ™„Β 

• Like 1
On 5/12/2020 at 7:22 AM, twinmum88 said:

Awww mine are not much older than yours and it is so hard especially at the moment without much in the way of help!Β πŸ˜₯

How long have you tried letting her scream for when you put her down?

That's exactly the problem, the lack of help πŸ˜‘Β 

I'm such a push over and can't let her scream for longer than a few minutes.

Feeling major mum guilt today. She's been woken twice today by putting her down, just to tend to her brother, but then have to put him down to lift her 😭 I just feel like one or both are screaming all day long ☹

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Breffni said:

She actually falls asleep better (quicker) on him, but same problem that she can't be put down...and he still has work to do at times and has also decided to start decorating too πŸ™„Β 

Have you tried laying her on something that smells like you so she feels more like you are near ? Xx

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Issy said:

Have you tried laying her on something that smells like you so she feels more like you are near ? Xx

I've even tried wrapping her in my t-shirt, she gets so distressed and cried big tears if she's not being held. Currently screaming in the swing while I feed Daniel 😭

• Sad 1
Just now, Breffni said:

I've even tried wrapping her in my t-shirt, she gets so distressed and cried big tears if she's not being held. Currently screaming in the swing while I feed Daniel 😭

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ It's hard. Totally sympathise!Β 

Does she stop crying if she is distracted by toys or anything that doesn't involve being picked upΒ  ? X

1 hour ago, Issy said:

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ It's hard. Totally sympathise!Β 

Does she stop crying if she is distracted by toys or anything that doesn't involve being picked upΒ  ? X

Nothing πŸ™ˆπŸ˜«

Picking RoseΒ up is all that works. I know that at some point I have to just let her cry, but I just can't do it. After Daniels first few weeks of uncontrollable crying, I just can't let them cry at all. And if I have to let them cry, I usually end up in tears too.

2 hours ago, Breffni said:

Nothing πŸ™ˆπŸ˜«

Picking RoseΒ up is all that works. I know that at some point I have to just let her cry, but I just can't do it. After Daniels first few weeks of uncontrollable crying, I just can't let them cry at all. And if I have to let them cry, I usually end up in tears too.

Bless you😒 I have been there, and it is really distressing when they cry so long, it's mentally horrendous.(I used to hate it so much tooπŸ˜–πŸ˜–) I think you know deep down that the cry it out is prob the answer but,Β  I think that at the moment we are all in such a weird time, no certainty and lots of anxiety and worry and my advice would be don't worry about it short term and pick your battles day to day ! They are still so little too. And it may be that they are having a leap or big growth change and this can really make them cry alot and be so clingy!! Xx

• Like 1
On 5/14/2020 at 1:28 PM, Breffni said:

That's exactly the problem, the lack of help πŸ˜‘Β 

I'm such a push over and can't let her scream for longer than a few minutes.

Feeling major mum guilt today. She's been woken twice today by putting her down, just to tend to her brother, but then have to put him down to lift her 😭 I just feel like one or both are screaming all day long ☹

I know it's hard but perhaps you need to let her scream for more than a few minutes and it will also help wear her out a bit?

It's probably just a case of getting her used to sleeping on her own I guess.

There will come a point where she is just so tired she will fall asleep, although it won't be fun getting there!Β πŸ˜₯

• 3 weeks later...

@Breffni hope you're ok, just thought I'd stop by and see how you were doing? Any progress with the sleep?

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, James said:

@Breffni hope you're ok, just thought I'd stop by and see how you were doing? Any progress with the sleep?

Didn't see this, sorry.Β 

Sleep is a little better. She is still very much a koala baby, but will now be put down for a little while. I think I've just accepted that she wants me all the time and try to give Daniel lots of attention when they are both awake. It's still hard but I'm making it work most days.

Thanks 😊

• Like 1
On 6/25/2020 at 10:57 PM, Breffni said:

Didn't see this, sorry.Β 

Sleep is a little better. She is still very much a koala baby, but will now be put down for a little while. I think I've just accepted that she wants me all the time and try to give Daniel lots of attention when they are both awake. It's still hard but I'm making it work most days.

Thanks 😊

Glad to hear it's at least a little better now! How is she with other people? I guess it's probably not helpful at the moment that you can't see too manyΒ πŸ˜”

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊