Hi Everyone 

I was just hoping for some advice really. My twins are 6 months old and are still waking 1, usually 2 times in the night for a bottle. I have started weaning and one is getting on ok, the other is just not interested in anything other than cucumber.

I am a single parent with 2 other children and am just finding it impossible at the moment tbh. When did your twins sleep through the night and do you have any tips? 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, MumOf4 said:

Hi Everyone 

I was just hoping for some advice really. My twins are 6 months old and are still waking 1, usually 2 times in the night for a bottle. I have started weaning and one is getting on ok, the other is just not interested in anything other than cucumber.

I am a single parent with 2 other children and am just finding it impossible at the moment tbh. When did your twins sleep through the night and do you have any tips? 

Good morning ❤️ welcome to the site ! 

This is such a tricky one - and I do sympathise completely!! 

Ours didn't start consistently sleep through untill around 8 months! It was hard work. Weaning did deff help especially once they started eating the bulkier food ! 

This is by far such a different experience than with my first who was in comparison a perfect baby 🤣 

We stopped night bottles at around 6-7 months and it was horrible to start with we have major kick Offs but did get better over the following few days /weeks! I think quite often it's habit that they wake for a bottle and not because they are hungry

Are you doing Baby led or puree or a mixture ? 

XXX

Hi, I am trying a mixture at the moment. 

Did u just leave them to cry when they woke in night? I find it hard because I don't want one to wake the other so i just give in and make a bottle which maybe isn't helping me in the long run. 

On 4/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, MumOf4 said:

Hi, I am trying a mixture at the moment. 

Did u just leave them to cry when they woke in night? I find it hard because I don't want one to wake the other so i just give in and make a bottle which maybe isn't helping me in the long run. 

Exactly this ! We just let them cry - it's awful at the time but only took and few days for them to learn that milk wasn't coming ! Mine never wake eachother up when crying .. it's odd, but thank god ! 

I would deff also try making the evening meal more bulky for the time being , more thick puree untill they are reliably getting enough food by finger food - this will help them go Ionger through ! 

Xx

• Like 1

Hi @MumOf4 sorry to hear you're finding it hard but yes as @Issy says sometimes you have to let them cry.

It will be hard but I like to think of it as "short term pain for long term gain" - at least that's what I tell myself! 😂

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊