Hi everyone, introducing myself to all you twin mammy's and daddy's!

I have identical twin boys who are 18 days old, they are the best thing to ever happen to me and I thank my lucky stars everyday for blessing me with not 1 but 2! Beautiful boys. 

At the moment I am trying to get into a nice routine especially with daddy returning to work 😔 👎

I am excited for what the future holds but I dont want to miss a second of this tiny newborn stage! My hormones are currently all over the place I feel sorry for my partner! I feel I'm going crazy at times lol.

I had a pretty traumatic birth so im still trying to come to terms with everything that happened, although I can see the boys and can see that they are thriving it still doesn't make it any easier! 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Stephanie said:

I have identical twin boys who are 18 days old, they are the best thing to ever happen to me and I thank my lucky stars everyday for blessing me with not 1 but 2! Beautiful boys. 

At the moment I am trying to get into a nice routine especially with daddy returning to work 😔 👎

I am excited for what the future holds but I dont want to miss a second of this tiny newborn stage! My hormones are currently all over the place I feel sorry for my partner! I feel I'm going crazy at times lol.

I had a pretty traumatic birth so im still trying to come to terms with everything that happened, although I can see the boys and can see that they are thriving it still doesn't make it any easier! 

Well welcome to the site and a HUGE congratulations to you all ❤️ wonderful news! Welcoming twins into the world is so so special! You are part of such an incredible club now ! There is nothing like the support of other twin mums ! 

I totally understand what you are saying about your hormones.. I still think mine are awry a year on 🙈🤣 

The first few weeks can be very up and down and overwhelming, which is absolutely normal! Don't put too much pressure on yourself in the early days - it will all come in time ❤️ 

Bless you , I don't meet many twin mummy's that had a "perfect" birth, I certainly did not and if I really think about it I still get a little upset 😓 how is your partner doing with everything ?

It's a wonderful and exciting time enjoy every second ❤️ 

Feel free to browse and post if you have any questions or just want to chat, there are lots of lovely helpful mums and dads on here !

Xx

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Stephanie said:

Hi @Stephanie and welcome to twin club!

Congratulations on the birth of your boys!! I'm assuming they're your first children?

That's a shame that your partner has to go back to work soon but that's just the way it goes usually isn't it!? I had the same thing and only had about 2 weeks off - sadly paternity pay is not very good at all unless your partner works for a company that tops it up.

Have you got plenty of friends/family around to help you when he goes back?

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

@Issy Thank you for that its reassuring to know that the early weeks are tough for everyone not just me! My partner has been and is a tower of strength, even through the tough birth and the babies being separated from us he held it all together and was there for me. Hes really hands on has got stuck in with everything, I've just realised how much he actually does when he returned to work. 

@James yes these are our first, I look at them everyday and still cant believe they are mine! I'm excited for our future. 

He returned to work last Thursday and his mam helped me with the morning feed however this week I've been on my own so I've been staggering their feeds so I can manage on my own. I have my dad and sister who do what they can work permitting, my mam however has caused a lot of hurt and upset since I fell pregnant I thought it would calm down when I had them but it hasn't, if anything its gotten worse! Shes welcome anytime, but I will not accept her antics in front of the boys. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Stephanie said:

@Issy Thank you for that its reassuring to know that the early weeks are tough for everyone not just me! My partner has been and is a tower of strength, even through the tough birth and the babies being separated from us he held it all together and was there for me. Hes really hands on has got stuck in with everything, I've just realised how much he actually does when he returned to work. 

@James yes these are our first, I look at them everyday and still cant believe they are mine! I'm excited for our future. 

He returned to work last Thursday and his mam helped me with the morning feed however this week I've been on my own so I've been staggering their feeds so I can manage on my own. I have my dad and sister who do what they can work permitting, my mam however has caused a lot of hurt and upset since I fell pregnant I thought it would calm down when I had them but it hasn't, if anything its gotten worse! Shes welcome anytime, but I will not accept her antics in front of the boys. 

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear about mum. That's not acceptable of her to be like that at all. And no need for it at all ! Poor you , I'm so sorry! 

Sounds like you have others to help though and a wonderful other half, to be honest , that's all you need ! You sound like you are going amazing already ❤️❤️ xx

@Issy yes its unfortunate, the way I see it though is it's her loss, the babies are 3 weeks old today every second that passes they are getting older and thats time you cant get back. 

Ah thank you! It really doesn't feel like it some days, since they were born all the days seem to have rolled into one! I'm lucky my partner is 100% hands on, I certainly wouldnt manage without him. 

How old are your twins? What age were they when you established a routine? Xx

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stephanie said:

@Issy yes its unfortunate, the way I see it though is it's her loss, the babies are 3 weeks old today every second that passes they are getting older and thats time you cant get back. 

Ah thank you! It really doesn't feel like it some days, since they were born all the days seem to have rolled into one! I'm lucky my partner is 100% hands on, I certainly wouldnt manage without him. 

How old are your twins? What age were they when you established a routine? Xx

And that's such a positive way to look at it all ! Well done you ❤️

You will get some days that you just think.. how did I get to 10pm and not even realise 🤣 that's life with two demanding babies !!! 

Routine , well.... From very early on we established the bed time routine, we would do bath, bottle and then bed. Every night. This is the first think we started with, and we started that at about 6 weeks old, an still do now at nearly a year! 

The next thing I tried to do was only let them play for around an hour between naps , this seemed to work well and that was around the time they got cranky! - but i didn't stick to this religiously.. more of just a guide I would follow - life gets in the way !! 

We just kinda of rolled with routines untill about 6 months - I just let the babies tell me when they were tired! But we always kept the bed time routine strict! 

Now at 11 months old (today!) We do 

Wake up 6.30 am - bottle

7.30 Ish - breakfast

8.30 - morning nap (half hour if I'm lucky !) 

10.30 mid morning snack and bottle 

12- lunch 

12.30 Ish - nap (again 1 hour if I'm lucky !!) 

2.30 - mid afternoon bottle 

4.45 - start dinner

5.15 - bath 

5.45 bed! (No night time bottle any more !

6pm - glass of wine for me ! 🤣

Xxx

• Like 1

@Issy your completely right I lie in bed on a night and think yes! I've done another day! Lol.

That routine looks brilliant! I'm really trying to establish a routine with the boys at the minute they are fed every 3 and a half to 4 hours during the day which works well as it means I dont have to worry about one waiting and crying for their feed. On a night its every 4 hours but they wake to let you know when they are hungry, when they first came home I was having to wake them during the night for feeds but they've gained enough that I dont have to do that anymore thankfully! Xxx

2 hours ago, Stephanie said:

@Issy your completely right I lie in bed on a night and think yes! I've done another day! Lol.

That routine looks brilliant! I'm really trying to establish a routine with the boys at the minute they are fed every 3 and a half to 4 hours during the day which works well as it means I dont have to worry about one waiting and crying for their feed. On a night its every 4 hours but they wake to let you know when they are hungry, when they first came home I was having to wake them during the night for feeds but they've gained enough that I dont have to do that anymore thankfully! Xxx

That's a huge relief when you get to the point of allowing them to wake for food, I have to say that was really a good step for us, and more sleep for us tired mummy's!!! 👍💪🙌🙌🙌

I was never one of these mums with any of my kids (I have an older girl) that stressed over routines, I didn't find that helped at all.. I kind of just rolled with is but just helped guide in the right direction rather than push when it wasn't working. The "routine" we have now the babies sort of naturally fell into and I've just tweaked slightly. But I'm happy to roll with changes , if they Decide they are hungry at 4.30 I don't make them wait another 15 mins for food.. I'll just start dinner earlier and drag it out- for me- this works 🙂

everything will fall into place for you - sounds like your are going in the right direction though already - well done you ❤️❤️

xx

On 3/3/2020 at 7:13 AM, Stephanie said:

Hi Stephanie!!! Welcome!!!!

Amazing news to hear about some more twins!!

Honestly it sounds like you're doing amazing especially considering what you've said about your mum!!

Try not to worry too much about routines at this point and try not to put too much pressure on yourself, it will all fall into place eventually!! Maybe just pick one thing to try and work on first and then move onto the next??

@Issy @CityMum I think you are both right about a routine, these tiny stages are so precious and I dont want that being clouded by pressure to have a routine! 

In time I would like a good bedtime routine, but in regards to feeding I have seen for myself when babies want fed they want fed I cant expect them to wait because they aren't "due", the feeds at the moment are baby led and I like it that way, it's working out 3.5 hours for the smaller baby and 4 -4.5 hours for the bigger baby. 

I have found that parents of singletons are vocal about the importance of a routine and I have felt the pressure. There has been times if I have had in laws here and I have one of the boys in my arms just enjoying a cuddle, they are quick to say put him down he's content, which I never have as they are my babies and if I want to cuddle them 24/7 surely that's up to me! 

24 minutes ago, Stephanie said:

@Issy @CityMum I think you are both right about a routine, these tiny stages are so precious and I dont want that being clouded by pressure to have a routine! 

In time I would like a good bedtime routine, but in regards to feeding I have seen for myself when babies want fed they want fed I cant expect them to wait because they aren't "due", the feeds at the moment are baby led and I like it that way, it's working out 3.5 hours for the smaller baby and 4 -4.5 hours for the bigger baby. 

I have found that parents of singletons are vocal about the importance of a routine and I have felt the pressure. There has been times if I have had in laws here and I have one of the boys in my arms just enjoying a cuddle, they are quick to say put him down he's content, which I never have as they are my babies and if I want to cuddle them 24/7 surely that's up to me! 

Yes don't let anyone tell you... Frankly survival with twins is the most important thing however that happens, and unless you have twins it's something that people just don't understand ! 

Xx