This is not strictly twin related but is still applicable. So, I have 2 year old twin girls and on Sat we had another little girl via caesarian section. We feel very blessed and our hearts couldn't be fuller but my goodness it's hard. So individually twins and new baby are amazing but together it's just a lot of work. I am still quite uncomfortable from the section so hubby is doing most things. How did you guys manage? Is there anyone on here who's been in a similar situation? x

• Like 1
On 2/26/2020 at 8:21 PM, Esther said:

This is not strictly twin related but is still applicable. So, I have 2 year old twin girls and on Sat we had another little girl via caesarian section. We feel very blessed and our hearts couldn't be fuller but my goodness it's hard. So individually twins and new baby are amazing but together it's just a lot of work. I am still quite uncomfortable from the section so hubby is doing most things. How did you guys manage? Is there anyone on here who's been in a similar situation? x

Hi @Esther we had a similar but different situation in our house - we already had a 5 year old and then the twins came along. My wife had a C-section with the twins too. How long were you in hospital after the birth?

I found the first 2-3 months really difficult. probably the most difficult thing I've ever done, but then of course the fact that it was twins was definitely a part of that. It did also make us feel a bit guilty not spending so much time with our 5 year old, but we just tried to keep her busy with "helping" etc and making her feel involved. Obviously a bit easier in that she's 5 years old rather than 2 but the same principle I guess.

Have you much help from family at the moment? Don't forget you will start feeling better soon and will gradually be able to do more. Then you will just have to make sure you work really well as a team. Is there anything really specific you're struggling with?

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya, sorry for such a ridiculously late reply. Life has been crazy, more so with this lockdown. Things are starting to calm down a bit, the better weather is helping as we can play in the garden. Girls are definitely missing seeing other people but they adore their little sister and constantly want cuddles. TV has become our saviour (please don't judge us, sometimes you just do what you gotta do to stay sane). They still have screaming fits but these are getting easier to maintain. Our baby is 5 weeks old. x

16 hours ago, Esther said:

Hiya, sorry for such a ridiculously late reply. Life has been crazy, more so with this lockdown. Things are starting to calm down a bit, the better weather is helping as we can play in the garden. Girls are definitely missing seeing other people but they adore their little sister and constantly want cuddles. TV has become our saviour (please don't judge us, sometimes you just do what you gotta do to stay sane). They still have screaming fits but these are getting easier to maintain. Our baby is 5 weeks old. x

Ah that's amazing that you are getting on okay! When you start to see a small glimmer of light you know you are making it !! 

We love the TV! Little Baby Bum is our saviour 🙂

xx