Routine, is it even possible? Advice welcomed

Letty

Hi,

My twin boys are 4,5 months and I feel like a routine would help me feel more in control but our days are currently dictated by them.

The only routine is bed time ( between 18-18:30) although they still wake up at night they fall asleep around that time. Again is not something we imposed, they just do it naturally. I try to have a play with them before. I hope that once they sit comfortably by themselves I can add daily bath before bed. Do people bath their twins every day? I struggle at the moment with every day to be honest.

could you share with me your daily routines for babies similar age? I would like to get some ideas of what will work for our family.

Thank you in advance 😊

84D15CDE-C513-478F-9311-E67B8C80BEEA.jpeg

Hi

With mine we implemented a routine from very early on for bed time. It was always bath, bottle then bed. I think we would start at around 5.30 for bath, then bottle and in bed for 6. When we got onto solids it was more like 4.45 ish dinner, they would get so grumpy at this point so I'd start ffood early to drag out till bath time, bath at 5.30 and bed for 6pm Ish and then we would eat after in peace!!!!!!. They were sleeping through the night at that stage so worked really well for us but we're really strikt for bed time !!!!!

But in the day the routine kind of settled at around 6 months of nap after breakfast and nap after lunch.. which was okay too !!!!!! 

Xxxx

On 2/20/2020 at 12:44 PM, Letty said:

Hi,

My twin boys are 4,5 months and I feel like a routine would help me feel more in control but our days are currently dictated by them.

The only routine is bed time ( between 18-18:30) although they still wake up at night they fall asleep around that time. Again is not something we imposed, they just do it naturally. I try to have a play with them before. I hope that once they sit comfortably by themselves I can add daily bath before bed. Do people bath their twins every day? I struggle at the moment with every day to be honest.

could you share with me your daily routines for babies similar age? I would like to get some ideas of what will work for our family.

Thank you in advance 😊

84D15CDE-C513-478F-9311-E67B8C80BEEA.jpeg

Hi my twins are 2years old so a lot older but I just couldn’t scroll past without saying I found ‘routine is key’ with twins, I couldn’t of done anything without their routine and it carry’s on when their getting older to so there not just doing what they want😂 I was quite strict with it I.e my partner,grandparents,aunties etc and felt I should of lent of a little but I think back now and know I done the right thing. It’s normally around 12W+ for standard routine. 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Francesca White said:

Hi my twins are 2years old so a lot older but I just couldn’t scroll past without saying I found ‘routine is key’ with twins, I couldn’t of done anything without their routine and it carry’s on when their getting older to so there not just doing what they want😂 I was quite strict with it I.e my partner,grandparents,aunties etc and felt I should of lent of a little but I think back now and know I done the right thing. It’s normally around 12W+ for standard routine. 😊

Yes, absolutely agree that a routine that everyone sticks too is deffinately helpful in the long run! Makes your life easier!! 

Xx

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:20 AM, Letty said:

@CityMum Thank you for advice, did you schedule play times, walks etc? Or was that more spontaneous?

I tried to keep it more spontaneous as I didn't want to feel like I'd failed the day if I didn't get to do the things I had "planned" in If that makes sense!!! Xx

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply , didn’t get notification of your response 😕

Absolutely get it, I always put pressure on myself and feel a failure if I don’t do what I set out to do. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, Letty said:

Sorry for the late reply , didn’t get notification of your response 😕

Absolutely get it, I always put pressure on myself and feel a failure if I don’t do what I set out to do. 

Don't worry!!! How are you getting on with your routine now any improvement??