So I currently strap the twins into the car seats (that came with my pram) in the house. I live on a busy main road with no driveway so the car is parked on the street. Leaving the house on my own with them I put them both outside the front door, lock up, then put one baby in the car then quickly run back up the garden path to get the other baby and wait 20 hours for a gap in the traffic to get the other baby in on the driver's side. They're nearly 8 months old now and nearly outgrown those car seats. So was thinking of selling them along with the pram and getting an easier side by side pram (not sure which yet) and getting some new bigger car seats that actually stay in the car. My worry is getting the twins in and out of them with me being on the main road! What do you all do getting twins in and out of cars? While you're strapping one baby in what's the other one doing? Where do you put them? I have steps outside my front door so leaving my house with them in the pram isn't really doable. Does all this make sense? I'm really stressing about this! 😂🤷‍♀️

23 hours ago, Rachel B said:

So I currently strap the twins into the car seats (that came with my pram) in the house. I live on a busy main road with no driveway so the car is parked on the street. Leaving the house on my own with them I put them both outside the front door, lock up, then put one baby in the car then quickly run back up the garden path to get the other baby and wait 20 hours for a gap in the traffic to get the other baby in on the driver's side. They're nearly 8 months old now and nearly outgrown those car seats. So was thinking of selling them along with the pram and getting an easier side by side pram (not sure which yet) and getting some new bigger car seats that actually stay in the car. My worry is getting the twins in and out of them with me being on the main road! What do you all do getting twins in and out of cars? While you're strapping one baby in what's the other one doing? Where do you put them? I have steps outside my front door so leaving my house with them in the pram isn't really doable. Does all this make sense? I'm really stressing about this! 😂🤷‍♀️

Hi @Rachel B don't worry makes total sense!!

When it's all of us it's not so bad obviously as we can have one each, but when it's one of us on our own with the girls it's more of a challenge. Definitely something that's not really mentioned as a practicality of having twins.

For us, we're lucky in a sense that we have a driveway and live in a cul-de-sac, however it's still a bit of a challenge to bring them both to the car from the house on your own.

We have a MultiMac car seat (also have a 5 year old) with two MiniMac rear facing seats for the twins. We usually leave those in the car as like you've said it's easier in terms of carrying and they're quite heavy too. Normally I leave one twin in the living room playing with a few toys and then run out to the car with the other twin. Get her strapped in as quickly as possible, then run back for the other one. Not ideal but what can you really do? You just have to be quick I suppose. It's even more fun in the rain right?!

One good thing about the MultiMac is that because it's a 3 seater, we have our 5 year old on one side of the car, one twin on the other and one in the middle. Due to one being in the middle it is possible (somewhat awkwardly) to reach across and put both in from the same side if you're parked on a road, so long as you're on the correct side of course!

Re. a side by side double buggy we have a Mountain Buggy Duet V3 that we really like and I reviewed here if you're interested! What buggy/seats do you have at the moment?

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

On 2/10/2020 at 11:18 PM, Rachel B said:

This absolutely makes sense!! It is a nightmare!!!! 

Could you just use a really basic double buggy secondhand one, to just go from your door , strap them in and then to the car and leave one strapped in while you sort the other out ? 

Or maybe a wheelbarrow 🤣🤣

It is a really tricky situation!! I hate it ,the practicalities of two is just awful !!!!

Issy xx