Weight predictions

What weights were your twins when they were born? We had a scan last Thursday, 32+4, and T1 is estimated 3lb7 T2 is estimated 4lb10. Is it normal for there to be this much between them? Consultant didn't seem too worried and we've got another scan this Thursday just to check on T1, so we're not worrying. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Breffni said:

What weights were your twins when they were born? We had a scan last Thursday, 32+4, and T1 is estimated 3lb7 T2 is estimated 4lb10. Is it normal for there to be this much between them? Consultant didn't seem too worried and we've got another scan this Thursday just to check on T1, so we're not worrying. 

Hi @Breffni nice to hear from you! 😀 How's the pregnancy going in general?

So ours were born at 4Ib 13 oz and 5 Ib 7 oz, so a reasonably difference and that was at 36+4.

For a few weeks they were talking about checking for twin to twin and all of that but in the end they were fine and they didn't detect any of that, one was just bigger than the other. It worried us for a bit but all was fine in the end. Talking to quite a few other twin parents it also seems pretty normal for one to be bigger than the other by a noticeable amount.

Funnily enough now, the one who was born smaller is now slightly heavier!! 😂

Dad to three girls - aged 6 going on 16, and identical twins aged 2 😊

Thanks @James pregnancy is going good. Finished up with work, and finally getting the house ready for their arrival. I am finding it difficult dealing with the uncertainty of it all. Everyone asks when I'm due and I don't even know how to answer that now because the docs seem to change their mind every time we are in 🙃

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Breffni said:

Thanks @James pregnancy is going good. Finished up with work, and finally getting the house ready for their arrival. I am finding it difficult dealing with the uncertainty of it all. Everyone asks when I'm due and I don't even know how to answer that now because the docs seem to change their mind every time we are in 🙃

Glad to hear it's going well!

I remember us being in the same boat re. due date - we used to get asked all the time "when's the due date" and we'd have to explain that the 40 week date was this, but they won't let us go that long, so they'll more likely be here on this date" or something like that - it was almost as tiring as constantly being asked if we had twins in the family haha! 😂

What have you got left to do at home? Is their nursery all ready?

Dad to three girls - aged 6 going on 16, and identical twins aged 2 😊

On 1/21/2020 at 10:14 PM, Breffni said:

How exciting !! Yeah I always think the birth weight predictions are a bit off generally. We had fun and games with the difference during pregnancy, they thought something was wrong and turns out they were actually absolutely fine! 

Xx

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, Breffni said:

Mine were quite different but soon caught up !!