Silly and repetitive comments twin parents get

Thought it would be funny to hear about the stupid and/or repetitive comments us twin parents get as I'm pretty sure we all get them!

I'll start....

Double trouble.... honestly if I had a pound for every time someone said this, I'd have retired already!! I mean like seriously....

Are they twins? Sounds dumb and when you have two little babies in a double buggy you'd think it would be obvious but apparently not. If I'm feeling particularly cheeky I might respond with "no they have different mums" much to @Issy's amusement! 😂

Probably one of the most ridiculous ones I've had is complete strangers coming up and asking if they were conceived naturally as if it's any of their business!! Another great response I've come up with for this one is... "Yeah, we did it twice in one night!". Always takes 'em by surprise!! 

Anyway, enough of mine, let's hear some of yours?!

😁

• Like 1

Dad to three girls - aged 5 going on 15, and identical twins aged 10 months! 😊

3 hours ago, Issy said:

An older chap (wife was there too) told me once "well at least it saves on the s*x" 

Whatttttt!!!!!?????

I quickly walked away 🙈🙈

Hehe 

OMG that is hilarious but also really creepy and weird!!! 🤮

I think EVERY time I go out people say "you've got your hands full" and have a little chuckle (as if it's the first time I've heard it before 🙄

you also get the comments that no one would ask a parent with one baby - "was it IVF?" "Did you give birth naturally?" "Do you breastfeed?" I suppose they are just very intrigued but don't know why they think they can say it! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cupcake01 said:

Do you really get that many comments? How is it when you go out with them as newborns as I know even with one newborn a lot of people talk to you?

Yes cupcake you do 😆 !! 

I remember the first time we took the babies out we went to the Range (love that place !!) And not exaggerating within 2 minutes of entering 5 people had stopped us..

I was done... So we hid the rest of the trip 😆😂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Abi.P said:

I think EVERY time I go out people say "you've got your hands full" and have a little chuckle (as if it's the first time I've heard it before 🙄

you also get the comments that no one would ask a parent with one baby - "was it IVF?" "Did you give birth naturally?" "Do you breastfeed?" I suppose they are just very intrigued but don't know why they think they can say it! 

People are so nosey!! It's like why !? 

At one point I thought it might be good to pretend I don't speak any English to stop them talking 😂😂 

I agree @James I could have retired also with hearing these comments.😀
Some other classics:

“got your hands full there”

“wait till they grow up”

”were they natural?”

the funniest one we had was with both twins in the buggy and a women approached us and asked “is there much between them!”  🤦🏼‍♂️😂

another reply I’ve used when asked “are they twins?” is “actually they’re triplets but we left the other one at home!”
The look on people’s faces is priceless

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, mrH said:

Some other classics:

“wait till they grow up”

”were they natural?”

the funniest one we had was with both twins in the buggy and a women approached us and asked “is there much between them!”  🤦🏼‍♂️😂

another reply I’ve used when asked “are they twins?” is “actually they’re triplets but we left the other one at home!”

@mrH Love the triplets response I'm going to have to try that one! 😂

Also on another note, welcome to the site - it's nice to see another dad on here!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mrH said:

Some other classics:

“wait till they grow up”

”were they natural?”

Haha that is hilarious 😂

I think it's quite fun using the quirky responses.. funny to see the reactions !! 

Also... Welcome to the site ❤️ 

Issy x

• Thanks 1

I’ve had all the usually comments ‘double trouble’ ‘are they twins’ but a woman floored me once with her comment was not expecting it she asked me what the age gap was between my daughters,I was so shocked I don’t think I answered before my husband said they are twins. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Clairey V said:

I’ve had all the usually comments ‘double trouble’ ‘are they twins’ but a woman floored me once with her comment was not expecting it she asked me what the age gap was between my daughters,I was so shocked I don’t think I answered before my husband said they are twins. 

Omg ... This is so awkward!! 

I do think some people really speak before they think !!  

We can laugh at them 🙈😂😂

Issy x

41 minutes ago, Clairey V said:

I like it when people say "oh I had my two about a year apart - it's basically the same as having twins".... er no.... no it's not!! 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tashalilyandsasha said:

I always get asked if I pushed them out or had a c section 😂 I wouldn’t dream of asking a stranger that!

I'd love to say to someone I ordered them in the mail 😂😂

• Haha 1

I was stopped in a garden centre on Friday with another twin mum. An older lady said to me how old? I told her 8 months. She replied with what both of them?! I said yes. She said oh are they twins 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

She then went on to tell me how she thought my chubby cheek twin was much older!! I mean really?!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sarah said:

I was stopped in a garden centre on Friday with another twin mum. An older lady said to me how old? I told her 8 months. She replied with what both of them?! I said yes. She said oh are they twins 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

She then went on to tell me how she thought my chubby cheek twin was much older!! I mean really?!

What !!??!! So rude!!! Older people have no filter at all... !! 🙈🙈

When people find out I have three girls I get the inevitable "you need a serious man cave" or something similar. 😂

I think it's true though and definitely on the list when we move house next!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, James said:

When people find out I have three girls I get the inevitable "you need a serious man cave" or something similar. 😂

I think it's true though and definitely on the list when we move house next!

You will deffinately need a man cave to hide in !! 🙈🙈

I think what really irritates me is that people think they can comment on other peoples children... 

It's the ones who stand next to you and talk loudly about how awful it must be 😠 I'm like hello... I am right here 😠😠

And the stares... Like you are a freak or something 🙈🙈😩

On 11/9/2019 at 11:59 AM, Clairey V said:

Omg I've had that. A mum sat next to me at a sensory class asked how old my girl was. I said 4 months. She said and how old is your boy? I just looked at her like 🤨 I said "also 4 months, they're twins!". My boy is only about an inch longer. 🤦‍♀️. Also a member of staff in Matalan said the usual "double trouble!" 🙄 Followed by "least you don't have to have anymore!" 🙄🙄 Then, get this. She said "did he come out first?" I said "no she did" (thinking what does she want to know that for) She said "oh because he's bigger isn't he!!". So apparently to her if he came out first, making him a whole 1 minute older than my girl, that'd make him a bigger baby?! 🤨🤔🤯🤦‍♀️ I think my face said it all!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rachel B said:

Omg I've had that. A mum sat next to me at a sensory class asked how old my girl was. I said 4 months. She said and how old is your boy? I just looked at her like 🤨 I said "also 4 months, they're twins!". My boy is only about an inch longer. 🤦‍♀️. Also a member of staff in Matalan said the usual "double trouble!" 🙄 Followed by "least you don't have to have anymore!" 🙄🙄 Then, get this. She said "did he come out first?" I said "no she did" (thinking what does she want to know that for) She said "oh because he's bigger isn't he!!". So apparently to her if he came out first, making him a whole 1 minute older than my girl, that'd make him a bigger baby?! 🤨🤔🤯🤦‍♀️ I think my face said it all!

@Rachel B omg 🙈🙈🙈 it's so bad it's funny!! Sometimes they just stun you you don't know what to say... I have just walked away from someone once 😂 such ignorant people. I wouldn't dream of saying anything like that to anyone , just plain rude!!

Also.. 

Welcome to the Twinclub ❤️❤️ lovely to have you on board ❤️ 

It's so nice to get twin mums (and dads, have to include them, we do have a few on here 🥰) together chatting.. it can be such a lonely thing. 

And congratulations on the little darlings! How are you finding everything ? 

Issy xxx

Thank you for the lovely welcome. I thought it'd be nice to chat with people that really understand. I'm finding it ok. Some days are harder than others but I just take one day at a time and try not to stress out too much. The twins are happy and healthy so must be doing something right lol.

As annoying as they are I love reading about people's comments to twin mums, their stupidity amazes me! 😂 hope you're all good. X