My girls have just turned 13 months (11.5 months corrected) and they have become painfully clingy, to the point that I literally cannot move away from them without them crying... I'm trying not to make a big thing of it and let them cry a bit as I need to get things done - is there any advice anyone can give me as ripping my hair out a bit now?! 

I've got the wonderweeks app and they are going through a leap but just wondered if others had the same experiences and can tell me how they got through this stage? I would say it's one of the hardest ones I've been through yet!! 

Sorry, seems like I'm complaining a lot but really getting to me ☹️ xx

• Like 1

@Abi.P hi, yeah my girls are the same 13 months (12 corrected) and they are going through the same thing, everytine I leave a room or are out of their sight they come walking after me crying. Iv noticed they have got very very clingy and constantly wanting to be lifted by anyone. It it’s very hard mentally. I can’t really give advice as I haven’t yet figured out something that works other than distracting them with books and toys and when they don’t realise I sneak out of the room. Other than that I just let them cry a bit because as you said I got things to do in the house, 

so so sorry I can’t be of help with any advice I just wanted to let you know your not alone and it’s happening to others too. Hopefully it will all pass soon 🤞🏻❤️

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Nicole Moley said:

@Abi.P hi, yeah my girls are the same 13 months (12 corrected) and they are going through the same thing, everytine I leave a room or are out of their sight they come walking after me crying. Iv noticed they have got very very clingy and constantly wanting to be lifted by anyone. It it’s very hard mentally. I can’t really give advice as I haven’t yet figured out something that works other than distracting them with books and toys and when they don’t realise I sneak out of the room. Other than that I just let them cry a bit because as you said I got things to do in the house, 

so so sorry I can’t be of help with any advice I just wanted to let you know your not alone and it’s happening to others too. Hopefully it will all pass soon 🤞🏻❤️

Thank you @Nicole Moley - it does seem better when you know someone else is going through it too (even though I'd prefer none of us were!) Let's hope they get over this stage soon!! x

• Like 1
On 12/6/2019 at 6:11 PM, Nicole Moley said:

I'm really not looking forward to this stage 🙈🙈🥴🥴🥴 xxx

I’ve got one like this. Both used to be like it but it seems to have got better for twin 2 since he’s started walking. They are 19 months, 16 corrected. I tend to just give them food and run and tell myself it’s a faze and it won’t last forever but it’s tough! Especially when it’s both of them. 

• Like 4
On 12/13/2019 at 10:11 PM, CityMum said:

Wonderweeks is great app!!! I used it all the time with my two!!! The clingyness comes and goes I think it's worse because there is two of them !!!!! 

How are they doing @Abi.P???

@CityMum they are still fairly clingy and still finding it incredibly hard but Edie seems to be starting to venture a bit more again! I think because they were so "independent"/ as independent as they could be for little ones 😂 that it's been a massive shock to me!! 

I'm hoping in the next week or so they will be a bit better but with Xmas round the corner at least I'll have family members helping out too 😊 xx